Windows 7 64 Bit Spooler Constantly Crashing RRS feed

• Question

• We have many Windows 7 64 bit machines on our campus that are experiencing this issue. What happens is that the print spooler constantly crashes even after you start/restart the spooler services. This issue only seems to happen when we have our HP Universal Print Drivers installed on these machines. I have removed all printers and drivers on our troubleshooting machine and installed printers one at a time and started noticing the spooler crashing once one of our HP printers was installed. I am using the current version of the HP UPD, which is 5.1. If I remove the printer and the driver, the spooler stays running without any issues. Any thoughts or suggestions? I will post some event viewer information and the Report.wer information for the crashes. 
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Sunday, August 8, 2010 2:21 AM Moved to proper forum category (From:Windows 7 Miscellaneous)
    Sunday, August 8, 2010 2:07 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Is it a network printer? Which Operation system is connected with the printer? What is the model of the printer? Do you receive any error message?

Check if you have the latest client:

http://support.novell.com/docs/Readmes/InfoDocument/patchbuilder/readme_5057998.html

It may be more of a port or port configuration issue than an actual driver issue. On the server side, make sure it is set on start printing after first page is spooled not the other option that says print after last page is spooled.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Magon Liu Wednesday, August 18, 2010 2:52 AM
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 9:24 AM
  • The Canon drivers (CNMLM93.DLL Fri Apr 13 20:29:56 2007, cpwmon64.dll Fri Jul 13 04:15:03 2007) and the HP driver (hppmopjl.dll - Mon Nov 26 07:04:36 2007) are too old. So update the driver, please.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 12:45 PM

All replies

• More Information:

The computers that are having the problems are all Dell computers. It's happening on both desktops and laptops. The models range from Latitude D830, Latitude E6500, Latitude E6510, Latitude E4300, Latitude E4310, Optiplex 755, Optiplex 760, Optiplex 780. The printers range from HP 4000, HP 4050, HP 4100, HP 4250, HP 4350 and a few color printers. Like I stated before, I have updated the print driver for the HP printers to the UPD 5.1. We use Novell iPrint to install our printers on our machines. 

I also have some dump files created by adplus when the spooler crashes, but I'm unsure how to diagnose them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 6:51 PM
  • Tuesday, August 10, 2010 7:24 PM
  • Hi,

Is it a network printer? Which Operation system is connected with the printer? What is the model of the printer? Do you receive any error message?

Check if you have the latest client:

http://support.novell.com/docs/Readmes/InfoDocument/patchbuilder/readme_5057998.html

It may be more of a port or port configuration issue than an actual driver issue. On the server side, make sure it is set on start printing after first page is spooled not the other option that says print after last page is spooled.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 9:24 AM
  • The Canon drivers (CNMLM93.DLL Fri Apr 13 20:29:56 2007, cpwmon64.dll Fri Jul 13 04:15:03 2007) and the HP driver (hppmopjl.dll - Mon Nov 26 07:04:36 2007) are too old. So update the driver, please.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 12:45 PM