How to reset the MAPI service state RRS feed

• Question

• we had a problem with our exchange server and SCOM has done it's job by changing the state of some monitors. Since then we rectify the situation but somehow My mapi service state did not change back from green. I thought that it would come back to green after the next check, but it is been 24 hour now

I tried resetting the health from the health explorer but this does not work. Is there any other way to do this ?
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 6:49 PM

Answers

• I updated my environment to CU1 and the health rollup turned back to green. Coincidence or CU1 fixed the problem ?.

This is a known issue which is why I asked if you had updated to CU1.  CU1 fixes incorrect state rollups in the UI.
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 9:11 PM
  • I updated my environment to CU1 and the health rollup turned back to green. Coincidence or CU1 fixed the problem ?.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 5:44 PM

All replies

• I am not aware of a problem here... so it is possible you have a UI issue - not reflecting actual state.

Are you running SCOM R2 + CU1? 

As to fixing this - there are two ways:

1.  Try putting the affected server or instace of the class that the monitor targets - into maintenance mode for 5 minutes.
    2.  If #1 doesnt work - try clearing the cache of the affected agent, sometimes this takes several attempts.
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 12:22 AM
  • Thanks Kevin for the insight,

I tried your suggestions and it does not seem to work. The thing that I have a hard time understanding is that the monitors below my red state are all green. Somehow that green state does not aggregate to the upper health monitor.

I am using R2 only on 64 bit windows 2008 

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 3:22 PM

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 5:44 PM

This is a known issue which is why I asked if you had updated to CU1.  CU1 fixes incorrect state rollups in the UI.
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 9:11 PM
  • thanks for your help.

LN
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 9:44 PM