none
Can't add SQL Server datasources from server with multiple ip's RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an issue with protecting SQL Server data sources when using multiple IP addresses:
    I can protect multiple SQL Server instances from one databaseserver with DPM 2010 when the server has one or two ip addresses. But when I add a third ip address to the Nic, I can't add datasources to a protection group of DPM. I can see the server, but when I press the '+' button I don't see any data source. I can wait all I want, but the data sources won't appear. When I remove the third IP address, I can see and select the data sources.

Anyone an idea why this is happening? Do I have to configure some additional settings for this to work? Is it possible to work?

Thnx for your answer(s)

Kind regards,

Anne

Saturday, March 5, 2011 10:15 PM

Answers

All replies

• This doesn't look like a SQL specific issue. Are you able to see the volumes and shares when the 3rd IP is enabled?

Thanks

Deepan

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 7:45 AM
  • hi,

I don't see a data source at all, I only see a sand glass.. but no matter how long I wait, it never shows a data source (no volumes, shares, databases).

I think you're right and it isn't a specific SQL issue. But only on the SQL server I need extra ip addresses.

Anne

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 3:32 PM
  • can you please check if DPM is able to communicate with the server or not. To check this out, go to the Management Pane and select the Agents tab.

select the server in question and click Refresh. Does the status turn OK?

Thanks

Deepan

Thursday, March 10, 2011 2:12 PM
  • Hi,

To give you some detailed information I went through all steps again, but strange as it is, this time everything seems to work :S. Despite the fact that I had this issue on a server in the acceptance environment and production environment, it seems te be solved in both environments... I'll see if it keeps working.

FYI
    Before this issue was solved the Agent wasn't able to connect to the SQL Server anymore:
    Error: Data Protection Manager Error ID: 316
    The protection agent operation on ServerA.DomainA.local failed because the service did not respond.
    Detailed error code: Internal error code: 0x8099090E

Kind regards,

Anne

Friday, March 11, 2011 8:21 AM
  • Fine then, since you're unblocked here, I'm closing the thread in this forum. Please reopen if you run into this again.

Thanks

Deepan

Saturday, March 12, 2011 6:05 PM