none
Windows 10 cannot be access Sysvol & Netlogon folder on the server 2012 r2

Question

• We are using Windows 10 Professional and Windows 8.1 Our Company. Our domain controller version is Windows Server 2012 R2 Standart.

But we have a problem. Our problem is, cannot be Access to, shared system folder "Netlogon & Sysvol" on the network, with Windows 10 Professional operation system. But we are able to Access this directors. Same username on the Windows 8.1 operation system able to Access "Sysvol & Netlogon".

Could you Help me Please!

Tuesday, August 04, 2015 6:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

>but our group policy rules, it cannot apply to my computer "Windows 10 pro."
    Try to force the Windows 10 to update the GP with running “gpupdate /force”, provide the error message once this commend failed. Besides, run “gpresult -r”, check the RSOP and confirm the details of applied and not applied GPs.

Try to re-join the Windows 10 to your domain might be worth to have a try.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 28, 2015 6:17 AM

All replies

• We are using Windows 10 Professional and Windows 8.1 Our Company. Our domain controller version is Windows Server 2012 R2 Standart.

But we have a problem. Our problem is, cannot be Access to, shared system folder "Netlogon & Sysvol" on the network, with Windows 10 Professional operation system. But we are able to Access this directors. Same username on the Windows 8.1 operation system able to Access "Sysvol & Netlogon".

Could you Help me Please!

I have the same problem. This is a problem as my login script gets run from netlogon.
    Thursday, August 06, 2015 6:48 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any detailed error information or related event about this problem?

On Windows 10, open CMD and type:
    Ping <FQDN/NetBIOS/Name of DC>

If ping failed, run “ipconfig /all” to confirm the parameters’ configuration, or you may post the result here. Besides, make sure that your DNS server has the A record for Windows 10.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 06, 2015 8:49 AM
  • Hi,

We can able ping to our Name of DC. I did check, DNS servers A record, is true.

We can access to "\\fqdn DC server name\sysvol" but our group policy rules, it can not apply to my computer "Windows 10 pro."

Friday, August 07, 2015 7:35 AM
  • I have the same problem, windows 8.1 works, but windows 10 not.
    Wednesday, August 12, 2015 6:38 PM
  • Hakanxxx2: This sounds exactly like the problem we saw with our domain. The issue was that the services LanmanServer and LanmanWorkstation had the Parameter EnableSecuritySignature disabled on our domain controllers. 

If you have the same issue, set EnableSecuritySignature to 1 and RequireSecuritySignature to 0 (unless you want to require security signature) for both LanmanServer and LanmanWorkstation under: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services. 

Reboot your servers and you will have access to NETLOGON and SYSVOL and your domain logon will work as expected.

IL: www.mstarlabs.com
    Saturday, August 22, 2015 4:03 AM
  • I have observed the same problem for some time now, first seeing it as 'Group Policies not applied at logon'; symptoms in this topic.

Now with the final version of Windows 10 this issue is still present. I came to understand that not being able to access SYSVOL was the underlying issue of 'Group Policies not applied at logon' when i tried to copy the Windows 10 Group Policy Definitions to SYSVOL andf could not access it (it prompts for credentials).

The strange thing is that it is a transient issue; after a couple of minutes SYSVOL is accessible and GPUPDATE runs without error.

DC's are running 2008 R2 but domain and forest are at 2003 functional level. Maybe the functional level and the client are getting apart too much...

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 7:37 AM
  • I have verified these parameters at all our (3) DC's and they are all at the settings you recommend.
    Wednesday, August 26, 2015 7:41 AM
  • Hi,

>but our group policy rules, it cannot apply to my computer "Windows 10 pro."
    Try to force the Windows 10 to update the GP with running “gpupdate /force”, provide the error message once this commend failed. Besides, run “gpresult -r”, check the RSOP and confirm the details of applied and not applied GPs.

Try to re-join the Windows 10 to your domain might be worth to have a try.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Friday, August 28, 2015 6:17 AM
  • I did this, but I still have the problem.

My W10 workstation can't connect to sysvol/netlogon share, but they can access normaly to all the other share folders...

It's a real problem !

Thursday, September 10, 2015 6:50 AM
  • hi,

use script.VBS not script.BAT

@+

Friday, September 25, 2015 1:50 PM
  • Hi!

Windows 10 became more securely, so you can't access sysvol & netlogon shares via UNC paths.

To resolve this issue run gpedit.msc, go to Computer -> Administrative Templates -> Network -> Network Provider -> Hardened UNC Paths, enable the policy and  click "Show" button. Enter your server name (\\myservername) into "Value name" and enter the folowing text "RequireMutualAuthentication=0,RequireIntegrity=0,RequirePrivacy=0" wihtout quotes into the "Value" field.

Apply all settings and close gpedit.

It works for me (server 2008 as DC and windows 10).

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 1:01 PM
  • Is it possible to do that through GPO, Do I have to go through every machine running Windows 10 and change local group policy ?

Thanks,

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 2:05 PM
  • I was able to create a Group Policy for my domain workstations which worked. I verified it via RSoP.
    Thursday, May 05, 2016 5:36 PM