none
API to the FIM IM Outlook add-on

Question

• FIM IM offers a nice add-on to outlook, so user can request to join to a group, and the manager of the group can reply to this request by pressing a button on outlook message. Appon apporoval, the user will

I want to add a digital signiture to the outlook add-on approval messages, so that the manager of a group can sign his/her reply.

That signature will be processed and check for authenticity  before actually  join the requester to the group.

My question is:

1. Is there any API/SDK to the outlook add-on so I can sign the message with the manager digital signiture?

2. If the answer is yes... where can I put the code for the authenticity  check of the signiture before applying the joining of user to the group.

BR,

Tamir.

Tamir Lavi
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 4:33 PM

Answers

• There is no API that has been published. However, the reason for requiring Exchange 2007 or later and Outlook 2007 or later is that it does perform some additional authentication. I don't remember what, but I recall that being said at a conference by someone from the MSFT FIM product group. So the digital signature may not be needed.
    David Lundell, Get your copy of FIM Best Practices Volume 1 http://blog.ilmbestpractices.com/2010/08/book-is-here-fim-best-practices-volume.html
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 7:52 PM