Problem With the default value of a Filter RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a Filter of Months, that Filter is composed by a set (Month.lag(12):Month.lag(-12)) and I want to set the default value with another set (ActualMonth). It could be posible? How could i do this?

Thanks
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 11:50 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Carmine001,

If you are talking about adding a default member to the Time dimension, you should be able to achieve this by adding an ALTER CUBE statement to your Calcuations tab in BIDS.  Here's a KB article describing the syntax:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/915856

If I have misinterpreted your post please let me know.  

Regards,
    Amanda
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 10:46 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks it´s a good information but i think that it can´t help me, i think that i explain bad.

Example.
    Set ActualMonth = Jan09
    Set Last6Months = Aug08, Sep08, Oct08, Nov08, Dec08, Jan09

I have create a Filter "StartDate" by putting on background layer the set Last6Months and setting Slice Hierarchy.

When i publish the report the filter is setted by dafault to the first member of the set that is "Aug08" but i need to set the default member to ActualMonth (Jan09).

How could i do this?

Thanks!!
    Wednesday, January 21, 2009 10:12 AM
  • I think this thread has the discussion you're looking for.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/proclarity/thread/2f2e8e0c-71ed-4e1d-a22b-e2dc7514e736

Let us know if you still have questions.

Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Carmine001 Wednesday, January 28, 2009 10:12 AM
    Monday, January 26, 2009 10:23 PM
  • Hi,

I did in that way, and i sort the set Last6Monthsin order to use the descendent order

Thanks

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 10:11 AM