none
MDT use specific drivers RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a special task to do, and I cant seem to find a solution. I have HP Tablet with Windows 10 x86 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pro-tablet-10-ee-g1/7521933/drivers

And the problem is that when I inject Broadcom driver 5.93.102.19 but after deployment I have 5.93.102.22 driver which has issues with 5GHz wireless network, and that's why I need to use 5.93.102.19 driver.

Is there a way to force install only driver I need, or in post installation to remove the 5.93.102.22 driver and install 5.93.102.19 one?

Thanks to all!

Tuesday, January 2, 2018 2:44 PM

All replies

• Most likely Windows 10 is updating the driver through Windows update during deployment. Check the Windows update history in the settings app. If my assumption is correct, here is how you could disable this behavior: http://vacuumbreather.com/index.php/blog/item/59-fixing-windows-update-reboot-is-pending-during-osd

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Wednesday, January 3, 2018 6:20 AM
  • Hi thanks for your suggestion, but maybe I should have given a bit more details.

I am using MDT to create Media .iso so I can deploy with USB stick. I have created .wim file in virtual machine, and made sysprep with OOBE and generalise option. 

in Out of the Box drivers I put the driver I want, but after deployment both drivers are installed, and Windows chooses newer one. So my conclusion is that driver must be already in Windows and I don't know how to delete it, so it will have to use .19 driver which I injected. Its Windows 10 Pro 1703

I am currently trying to prevent driver update with gpedit.msc, something suggested on this link:

https://www.howtogeek.com/263851/how-to-prevent-windows-from-automatically-updating-specific-drivers/

Wednesday, January 3, 2018 9:42 AM
  • If your issues are related to automatic driver updates, then the link I posted above should do the trick for you. Have you verified that Windows Update pulled down a more recent version of the wifi driver?

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Wednesday, January 3, 2018 9:48 AM
  • Well that's the trick, while creating image, and after deployment there was no internet whatsoever and the driver is there, so I guess Windows Update could not pulled the newer driver from internet?

And if you can please tell me how to verify the history of Windows update? I have only checked under settings, updates, history but nothing is there...

Thanks

EDIT: and I disabled all Windows update in my task sequence since we need those machines to be in one state and to stay that way. Even made intranet windows update server to prevent update, unless I really need it.

• Edited by ssivic Wednesday, January 3, 2018 10:16 AM
    Wednesday, January 3, 2018 10:11 AM