none
Have 3 DPM servers: "trust relationship between this workstation and primary domain failed" RRS feed

• Question

• Have been having some issues with 3 servers, started with persistent replica is inconsistent, and now it's gotten to error I get in the title.

I have done the following on each DPM server and protected server:

• nslookup <PS server name> resolves from <DPM server name>
    • nslookup <dpm server name> resolves from <protected server name>
    • can ping from each server to the other
    • can remote access C$ from each server in question
    • DNS on all servers point to local resolvers, local resolvers all point to <primary DNS IP>
    • Have performed /flushdns, /registerdns, and restarted protected servers 

I am unable to figure out why the servers have lost trust nor why the repilca is not switching from inconsistent to consistent after requesting consistency checks.

Any advice and help appreciated.

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 7:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you mean you have 3 protected servers that give the "Trust relationship between this workstation and primary domain failed" error, or 3 DPM servers?

This error usually occurs when a computer has fallen out from the domain, what usually solves is to un-join and then re-join the domain.

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 8:55 PM
  • Hi Leon, 

I have 3 locations, each with a separate DPM server and a protected server.  At these locations, the DPM agent comes back with the error of the failed domain trust.  

The thing is I can remote into the servers, have no issue accessing them remotely from my PC, just the DPM won't connect to replicate due to this error.  Prior experience with other trust issues, has been I can't remote in with my domain credentials, nor could I access any shared drives on them.

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 9:34 PM
  • The error may also indicate issues within Active Directory, have you done changes recently or did this happen by itself?

Make sure the time is synchronized as well, maybe the event log gives any more clues?

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 10:14 PM