Windows 8 + App-V 4.6.2 = Missing Icon RRS feed

• Question

• Hi;

I have sequenced an app that has three icons. On Windows XP/7, they show in the Start Menu fine.
    On Windows 8 however only two of the three icons show in either the Start Screen or the All Apps screen.

Yes, the icon that isn't showing on the SS or the AAS does appear under %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

No, it doesn't make any difference if I move the icon that isn't displaying to %AllUsersProfile%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Any help is most appreciated!
    Cheers

Friday, September 27, 2013 12:36 PM

All replies

• What versionof the client is on Windows 7 and Windows 8? Same level of Hotfixes?

Out of interest, if you try to sequence the app on Windows 8, does this resolve the issue. I know in App-V 4.6.x when you go to modify a shortcut there's an option to choose the Start Menu which should ensure the shortcuts just get listed in the Start Menu\Programs...not in any subfolder...I wonder if you have your shortcuts configured with just that box checked? Or if you inputted an actual value? Did you set these in the OSD files?

If you look in the OSD files for each app and look at the shortcut location, do all three shortcuts point to the same directory?

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

Friday, September 27, 2013 4:11 PM