vista don't boot anymore. RRS feed

• Question

• hello everyone,i will explain my problem.

i've windows vista home basic. recently i've installed new updates and i've made a reboot. when vista restarts i've seen that it won't boot anymore. error message is : file:\windows\system32\winload.exe stato : 0xc000000f informations : impossible to load vista,application damaged or not present. i've used the freebsd boot manager of freebsd and for 7 months i've had no problems. vista and freebsd boot together without problems. i think that this error message is not caused by freebsd boot manager. i've tried to follow the standard microsoft procedure,but i've been not able to recover vista,it says : impossible to recover.

what should i do now ?

Saturday, October 20, 2007 11:10 AM

Answers

• i've been able to fix the problem. the file winload.exe for an unkown reason has been deleted from the folder \windows\system32...i've found it on folder \windows\system32\boot and i've copied it inside the system32 folder and the problem has been fixed.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 7:42 PM

All replies

• I am having the same problem. I am using VISTA and have been for over 6 months. No problems at all. Last night I heard a "whirring" sound coming from my HDD (I think) and now it won't reboot at all. I am getting a message that states that the file \windows\system32\winload.exe is missing of corrupt. Status: 0xc000000f...

"The selected entry (Windows Vista) could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt"

I have read the other forums and it appears as though 99% of the issues stem from having VISTA installed on a second partition or HDD and trying to boot from that. I have one HDD. It still won't boot.

Any thoughts?? Or do I do a complete install on a new HDD?

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 2:40 PM
  • i've been able to fix the problem. the file winload.exe for an unkown reason has been deleted from the folder \windows\system32...i've found it on folder \windows\system32\boot and i've copied it inside the system32 folder and the problem has been fixed.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 7:42 PM