none
Unable to update the Inplace Upgrade from Windows server 2008 r2 to Windows 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,While I trying to update the operating system from 2008 to 2012 I am facing error related to windows installation disappear

While I try to install through CLI it giving error as below Kindly suggest on same

Monday, March 4, 2019 5:30 AM

All replies

• An in-place upgrade is risky and never recommended. I'd check the 2008 is patched fully and health is 100%. I'd verify system and servicing health by running;

sfc /scannow

also system update readiness tool

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

Then check for errors in;
    %SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, March 4, 2019 1:45 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet Forum.

First, try using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool to fix Windows Update errors.

Meanwhile, please refer to the following article about How To Upgrade Windows Server 2008 R2 To Windows Server 2012:

https://www.prajwaldesai.com/how-to-upgrade-windows-server-2008-r2-to-windows-server-2012/

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. This is just for your convenience. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

Best regards,

Hurry

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, March 4, 2019 3:44 PM
  • Hi,
    How things are going there on this issue?
    Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best regards,

Hurry

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 1:38 PM
  • As the system is in production not get downtime yet So I will execute system readiness tool and retry how it goes.
    Thursday, March 7, 2019 1:17 AM
  • Sounds good, no worries.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, March 7, 2019 1:24 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Wish you a successful solution to the problem.

Best regards,

Hurry

Thursday, March 7, 2019 2:12 PM