Configure UM on a DAG RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Lync 2013 and Exchange 2013 and now am adding a secondary Exchange server. I've configured the DAG in Exchange and everything is working except for UM. The dial plan is only associated with the original server and when the DAG is active on that server it functions properly. However, when the DAG fails over to the secondary server UM breaks. That's expected since the dial plan isn't associated to the secondary server but I'm struggling with getting it to work when I do associate it with both servers.

I half heartedly tried to configure this in Exchange 2010 but found that when I associated a dial plan with both servers it would break regardless of which server was active. I was doing that one just for a learning exercise but ran into issues and never finished it. Now I need to deploy it on 2013 in a production environment and would like to find the right way to do it.

Can anyone recommend some good reading on how to properly configure UM on a DAG?

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 5:23 PM

All replies

• How much time did you give it after adding the server to the dial plan?  Are the servers hosting both the Mailbox and CAS roles? 

I'd suggest off hours:

1)  Make sure you have a certificate assigned to the UM role where the server's individual FQDN (not a generic shared webmail or OWA) is the common name on the certificate. 

2) Make sure to add the Dial Plan to the UM Service and UM Call Router section, make sure the settings match the existing server (startup mode, etc) and give the UM services a bounce so they start up using your certificate.

Give it a few minutes and test it out.  Stop the services on the first to ensure that Lync is delivering voicemail.  Run the logger on Lync and watch SIPStack and see if you get any errors.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 5:49 PM
  • Did this help?  Do you need more assistance?

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

Monday, August 11, 2014 9:32 PM