How do I make a system reproduction to use if the computer stops working or cant start??? RRS feed

• Question

• How do I make a system reproduction to use if the computer stops working or cant start??? My computer have Windows 7. My hard disk is IDE Sata 2 and the vendor is ST3500418AS

Kjell Svensson.

Thursday, August 9, 2012 11:39 AM

Answers

• If you're talking about a system/disk image of your hard drive, there are numerous programs available, some free, some retail, to do what I think you want. By saving that image to an external drive, and using the imaging software CD, you can restore your hard drive to the exact state it was when you made that image. So if your hard drive crashes and won't start, you can install a new hard drive, boot to the image software CD, and restore the image from the external drive to the new drive.

You might want to Google or Bing (or your search engine preference) "disk imaging software." Then you'll see what's available, how much it costs (if anything), and how to use it. I use Acronis True Image myself, but it's not free, but does what I want it to do. It has saved by bacon a few times.

SC Tom

• Marked as answer by Sananose Friday, August 10, 2012 1:04 PM
    Thursday, August 9, 2012 2:23 PM

All replies

• If you're talking about a system/disk image of your hard drive, there are numerous programs available, some free, some retail, to do what I think you want. By saving that image to an external drive, and using the imaging software CD, you can restore your hard drive to the exact state it was when you made that image. So if your hard drive crashes and won't start, you can install a new hard drive, boot to the image software CD, and restore the image from the external drive to the new drive.

You might want to Google or Bing (or your search engine preference) "disk imaging software." Then you'll see what's available, how much it costs (if anything), and how to use it. I use Acronis True Image myself, but it's not free, but does what I want it to do. It has saved by bacon a few times.

SC Tom

• Marked as answer by Sananose Friday, August 10, 2012 1:04 PM
    Thursday, August 9, 2012 2:23 PM
  • Thank you so much for your friendly answer, I am very glad to hear from you!!!!!

Kjell Svensson.

Friday, August 10, 2012 1:02 PM