WIN7 is not Detecting Lenovo portable HDD RRS feed

• Question

• Hi can any one help me Regarding the issue

After insserting the USB it detects teh HDD but when i open that i get a error message windows explorer is close this application for every time when i try to open.

Please help me

Thanks

Jagan

Monday, June 4, 2012 9:05 PM

Answers

• It is very easy in the case that this is very new external disk. Your disk is NOT formatted. Go to the disc manager an format it.

If you do not see the drive in disk manager, go to the device manager and see if there is any problem (yellow mark that something is not correct). reveal your findings here.

Regards

Milos

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Sunday, July 8, 2012 9:16 AM
    Tuesday, June 5, 2012 5:42 AM
  • Hi,

Frist , I recommend that you should check disk status by right click on ComputeràManageàStorageàDisk Management, if you can see disk X without any properties you should do as Milos said. Additional, double check there are no problems in your device manager, such like you have installed correct drivers.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 8:56 AM

All replies

• It is very easy in the case that this is very new external disk. Your disk is NOT formatted. Go to the disc manager an format it.

If you do not see the drive in disk manager, go to the device manager and see if there is any problem (yellow mark that something is not correct). reveal your findings here.

Regards

Milos

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 5:42 AM
  • Hi,

Frist , I recommend that you should check disk status by right click on ComputeràManageàStorageàDisk Management, if you can see disk X without any properties you should do as Milos said. Additional, double check there are no problems in your device manager, such like you have installed correct drivers.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 8:56 AM