Launching local IE through AppV automatically shutsdown RRS feed

• Question

• I've created a AppV sequence that contains Project 2010 and due to limitations with the Office 2010 kit i can't use the proxies for project web access, so have to include an OSD which opens an IE window which goes off to the project web server and then when a user tries to edit a project plan the AppV'd project 2010 is found and opend.

The problem i'm having now is that the IE window which goes off to the PWA server shutsdown automatically after opening for about 10 seconds. It logs in fine to the site but just shutsdown. In the eventlogs i get: Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.5755, fault address 0x0002cede.

I've used this method before for doing exactly the same thing from project 2007 and that works fine on the same machine which the project 2010 fails.

I'm running AppV 4.6 sequencer and client, on a XP desktop.

Anyone got any ideas? 

Matt Summer
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 7:53 AM

Answers

• I went back and requenced the package using 4.6 SP1 and now it work, go figure. Thanks for your help.
    Matt Summer
    • Proposed as answer by znack Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:34 PM
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:21 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Have you tried creating a new sequence? 
    /Znack
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 6:08 PM
  • resequenced 3 times, same issue on all of them.

Matt Summer
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 6:29 AM
  • Are you running IE during monitoring? If so, try without running IE.

Do you have add-ons enabled in IE that might be causing issues? Have you tried launching IE via a command prompt inside the package?

(To do that run SFTTRAY /EXE CMD.EXE /LAUNCH <App Name>)

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 7:46 AM
  • I went back and requenced the package using 4.6 SP1 and now it work, go figure. Thanks for your help.
    Matt Summer
    • Proposed as answer by znack Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:34 PM
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:21 PM
  • As far as i know we cannot sequence those apps which came integrated along with the OS  like IE, Notepad etc...

Thanks Chandan
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 5:57 AM
  • Chandan,

Think you may not have understood what i did with internet explorer, i didn't sequence it i created an OSD file that opened the local copy.

This url should help you: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/johnsheehan/archive/2009/10/08/automatically-launching-local-apps-in-a-virtual-environment.aspx

Matt Summer
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 6:03 AM