Outlook Calendar Category Color and Sort by RRS feed

• Question

• I believe this question was asked in a previous feed but when the poster defined the question better, it never received and answer so here is cut paste of the question.

How can the categorized calendar items be displayed in a prescribed order based on their category color? 

For example, there are 15 calendar items on August 1, which are a mixture of all-day and time specific events.   Three of the calendar items have been assigned to the "Help Needed" category and have a unique color (yellow)  assigned.  Other categories have different and unique colors assigned to them.

Can the calendar items be grouped by color and then sorted by time - with the "all day" items at the top of each color group.  Can the order that the colors are displayed be defined - red 1st, yellow 2nd, green 3rd, ...?

Gateway City Girl

Friday, September 21, 2018 8:10 PM

All replies

• Hi Gateway City Girl,

Based on my test, by default when we sort items by color categories, the priorities are in numerical and then alphabetical order. In order to sort color by your customized order, you can try renaming the categories as follows:

1-Red
    2-Yellow
    3-Green

After that, in the List View, go to View Settings > Column, add Categories and All Day Event columns:

Then we can right click on the column name, choose Group by Box to sort items by Color then All Day Event(Yes or No):

Hope this can be helpful. Feel free to let me know if you would like further explanation on this.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, September 24, 2018 10:03 AM
  • Hi Gateway City Girl,

I am writing to see how everything is going on with the problem. If the method above works, could you please help mark it as answer so that others who might have a similar issue can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, September 28, 2018 9:28 AM