none
Bitlocker bug RRS feed

• Question

• I save a picture in a bit locker drive. (drive auto lock on restart).  on restart  i open my computer and click on Quick Access menu  and picture open without giving password to my bitlocker drive.

win 10 pro

v 1607  build 14393.0

Friday, August 11, 2017 3:03 AM

All replies

• Hi.

More details needed. There is no "auto lock", but only "auto-unlock". If you are using auto-unlock, one would assume, you want the drive to auto-unlock, without a password.

Friday, August 11, 2017 8:16 AM
  • Hi,

We do can enable Turn on auto-unlock on BitLocker Drive Encryption control panel, after this, when we enter system, the encrypted drive has been unlock, you could open the files in that drive freely.

If you enable it, current scenario is normal.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 14, 2017 2:33 AM
  • Drive is auto lock on restart, i have to give password for open,

but with out giving password  in my computer --> in quick access  jpg or picture file open with out giving password

Friday, August 18, 2017 1:30 AM
  • Drive is auto lock on restart, i have to give password for open,

but with out giving password  in my computer --> in quick access  jpg or picture file open with out giving password

Friday, August 18, 2017 1:31 AM
  • I have mentioned this point on last reply, if you enable auto-unlock, current situation is normal, have your check this point on Control Panel?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 21, 2017 9:13 AM
  • Check the path of the file in quick access - maybe it isn't saved on the encrypted drive but on some unexpected other location?
    Tuesday, August 29, 2017 6:40 AM