none
Resource with PM permission mode to Edit a Project Schedule RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible for a resource (with a Project Manager permission mode) to edit a project schedule if they are NOT an owner but added to Build Team? 

Many thanks

James

• Edited by JamesP435 Tuesday, April 10, 2018 11:18 AM
    Tuesday, April 10, 2018 11:18 AM

Answers

• James --

Assuming that you have not changed the default permissions in the Groups and Categories, then the answer is no.  However, the permissions can be changed to allow this.  You would need to edit the My Projects category and select the <label accesskey="?" for="idChkProjectsTeam">User is on that project's Project Team checkbox.  If you have changed the default permissions, then it is anyone's best guess what it will take to get it to work.  Hope this helps.</label>

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by JamesP435 Wednesday, April 11, 2018 12:14 AM
    Tuesday, April 10, 2018 1:18 PM

All replies

• James --

Assuming that you have not changed the default permissions in the Groups and Categories, then the answer is no.  However, the permissions can be changed to allow this.  You would need to edit the My Projects category and select the <label accesskey="?" for="idChkProjectsTeam">User is on that project's Project Team checkbox.  If you have changed the default permissions, then it is anyone's best guess what it will take to get it to work.  Hope this helps.</label>

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by JamesP435 Wednesday, April 11, 2018 12:14 AM
    Tuesday, April 10, 2018 1:18 PM
  • Hello,

Without knowing your access / permission model details we will not be able to comment. Are you using the default Project permission mode access model or is it custom?

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 1:22 PM
  • Hi Paul

I thought it was the default Project permission mode option.

Does this help?

Cheers

James

• Edited by JamesP435 Tuesday, April 10, 2018 2:48 PM
    Tuesday, April 10, 2018 2:37 PM
  • Hi Dale

Is this for Project Permissions (sorry I've realised I should have mentioned this before) as I can't see to find it?

Cheers

James

• Edited by JamesP435 Tuesday, April 10, 2018 2:41 PM
    Tuesday, April 10, 2018 2:41 PM
  • James --

If you navigate to the PWA Settings page, you will see a Security section at the bottom of the page if you are using Project Permissions mode.  If you do not see that section of the page, that means you are using SharePoint Permissions mode.  To control the granularity of security that is required in your original question, you need to change your Project Online to Project Permissions mode.  And then follow the directions in my original response.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 3:52 PM
  • Thanks Dale - I was getting confused with the html code in your reply and looking too deeply into that.  I've already got this set up as you described so it's back to the drawing board.. hey ho. 
    James
    • Edited by JamesP435 Wednesday, April 11, 2018 12:18 AM
    Wednesday, April 11, 2018 12:18 AM