none
Windows 10 Sounds, recording device volume levels RRS feed

• Question

• Im having a problem that has just come up recently , with my microphone. I use Palntronics Gamecon head set with built in mic for on line gaming. For some reason when I check my microphone recording levels its always at 0 and muted. ,I unclick the mute and set the volume up, but when I check it again, it goes right back to muted and 0 volume. I have already reinstalled the driver for the headset, and my  realteck high definiton audio.,

Im really stumped with this one.

Friday, February 3, 2017 3:03 AM

All replies

• In Win desktop,R.click the speaker in task-bar,select playback or recordind devices,set properties for either.Microphone -in settings would be recordind devices....
    Tuesday, February 7, 2017 2:48 AM
  • Hi, 

What about if you don't use any head set, same issue or not? 

Please first run this troubleshooting tools to check the results: 

In addition, i also consider that this issue could be caused by corrupted Audio service or low power of CMOS. 

Please run SFC /scannow command in CMD running as administrator, if there is any corruption failed to repair, Upload the CBS.log onto OneDrive and share the link here for our research. 

Then, change your CMOS battery to check this issue. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 5:26 AM
    Owner
  • Hi, 

Just check if you have taken time to check my suggestions, if there is any question, please post back here and let's discuss further on this question. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 16, 2017 2:08 AM
    Owner