none
SQL 2005 Instance Not Appearing? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I'm trying to add a SQL 2005 SP2 instance running on Server 2008 R2 SP1 to a protection group.  When I expand the server DPM doesn't show "ALL SQL Servers" as it usually would.  I have identical servers in other environments that are working fine, it just won't see the SQL instane on this server.

I've already checked my DPM and Source servers for any type of event logs but found nothing relevant.  I uninstalled/reinstalled the agent, and tried "refresh information" from the management tab but it still isn't showing up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Monday, September 12, 2011 5:45 PM

Answers

• Can you check if the SQL Server Vss Writer is running on this particular machine? If not please start the service and then give a try.
    Regards, Deepan [This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.] [P.S. If the post answers your question or guides you about what you're looking for, please mark it as answered.]
    • Marked as answer by ShaunInCali Monday, September 12, 2011 8:42 PM
    Monday, September 12, 2011 7:48 PM

All replies

• Can you check if the SQL Server Vss Writer is running on this particular machine? If not please start the service and then give a try.
    Regards, Deepan [This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.] [P.S. If the post answers your question or guides you about what you're looking for, please mark it as answered.]
    • Marked as answer by ShaunInCali Monday, September 12, 2011 8:42 PM
    Monday, September 12, 2011 7:48 PM
  • That was it!  Thanks!
    Monday, September 12, 2011 8:42 PM