Changing the size of the type in the area at the top of the page. RRS feed

• Question

• You can do it in XP but you apparently can't do it in 7. That and Magic Jack not operating and AVG taking 45 minutes to complete a scan is sending me back to XP. I use Firefox for my browser and it has a wonderful program called default zoom level which changes the size of the type in the window but you need windows to enlarge the type in the message box and bookmark area which capability is not available in Windows 7. Another thing I don't understand is why Microsoft doesn't try to enter into some kind of relationship with Mozzilla. At this point in Microsoft's development it would be a great public relations boon to adopt user friendly Firefox. It is obvious many people work hard at keeping it good and these people are just as talented as anybody at Microsoft. Isn't the point of a having a popular browser to keep people using the operating system? Windows 7 looks like a winner but IE is too corporate.
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 5:32 PM

All replies

• Magic Jack not operating

Windows 7 is still in beta, so of course magicjack won't work, magicjack probably hasn't updated their software to work with win7 yet, they probably will once Microsoft officially releases win7, so hold your horses....
    AVG taking 45 minutes to complete a scan is sending me back to XP.
    Any virus scanner will take 45 min or more to do a scan, no matter what system they are running on.

• Proposed as answer by JoelbX Wednesday, July 15, 2009 11:55 PM
    • Edited by JoelbX Friday, October 22, 2010 8:08 PM
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 5:42 PM
  • I see your point about Magic Jack and scan time can be variable but better management of web page and Windows type size is important to me. It is already available in display properties in XP and in FireFox in tools and through the use of the add-on Default  Zoom Level. Why ignore the genious of this approach and it's wonderful flexibility. Of course FireFox and most of it's add-ons still work in Windows 7 but that small print and message box at the top of the page is weird.
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 6:20 PM
  • iWhy ignore the genious of this approach and it's wonderful flexibility.

Why don't you post your comments about this into the "Have Comments about Windows 7 RC thread"!
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 10:26 PM
  • Magic Jack not operating

Windows 7 is still in beta, so of course magicjack won't work, magicjack probably hasn't updated their software to work with win7 yet, they probably will once Microsoft officially releases win7, so hold your horses....
    AVG taking 45 minutes to complete a scan is sending me back to XP.
    Any virus scanner will take 45 min or more to do a scan, no matter what system they are running on.

I cannot help you very well if you don't reply back to your question telling me and other repliers the results of each solution to your problem. - JoelbX
    @ jtbradyl : w7 is past beta it is on RC Final, if you are still on beta i suggest you upgrade to RC Final. As it may fix these probs. And FireFox 3.5 is out and it runs perfictly on W7 RC-F as i am typing here using FF. As for your other apps try using them in compatibility mode as they may not be designed yet for W7.
    • Proposed as answer by JJTech Wednesday, July 15, 2009 11:03 PM
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 10:31 PM
  • w7 is past beta it is on RC Final, if you are still on beta i suggest you upgrade to RC Final.

Yes I know that Win7 is in the RC and not beta stage, but it still hasn't been released to the public, so it is still beta. Any suggestions then on how to say that in a few words, not 27 words?
    • Edited by JoelbX Friday, October 22, 2010 8:09 PM
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 11:58 PM
  • w7 is past beta it is on RC Final, if you are still on beta i suggest you upgrade to RC Final.

Yes I know that Win7 is in the RC and not beta stage, but it still hasn't been released to the public, so it is still beta. Any suggestions then on how to say that in a few words, not 27 words?
    I cannot help you very well if you don't reply back to your question telling me and other repliers the results of each solution to your problem. - JoelbX
    W7 RC-F :)
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 12:01 AM