Permissions issue, how do I? RRS feed

• Question

• We have a W: drive mapped here in work to our departmental files and folders. I'm logged into my workstation as my regular user account, but when I access the W: drive via My Computer the level of access is that of my Domain Admin account. I need to gain access as my normal logged in user account. How do I reset this please? I've tried loggoff, restart etc.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 1:55 PM

Answers

• Is your domain admin account a different account than your normal logged in user account?  How do you establish connection to the share?  Have you disconnected the share, logged out, logged back in with your user account, and reconnect to the share?

.:|:.:|:. tim

• Marked as answer by Andy Qi Wednesday, April 9, 2014 2:38 AM
    Wednesday, March 26, 2014 4:03 PM
  • Just to be sure I am understanding this correctly.  You have two separate accounts you use in your domain.  For example, your domain admin account is the character string 'domainadmin' and your normal user account is the character string 'normaluser', that is, they are different character strings but both represent users within the same domain.

Have you checked your 'normaluser' account in AD to ensure that it is not a member of the Domain Admins security group?  What group membership does it have?  Are any of those other groups members of Domain Admins?

Saturday, March 29, 2014 2:07 PM

All replies

• Is your domain admin account a different account than your normal logged in user account?  How do you establish connection to the share?  Have you disconnected the share, logged out, logged back in with your user account, and reconnect to the share?

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 4:03 PM
  • Yes my domain admin account is different from user account

I tried disconnecting then logging off and in again under my normal user account and it's still the same.

It's so strange i've never seen this before

Thursday, March 27, 2014 10:39 AM
  • Just to be sure I am understanding this correctly.  You have two separate accounts you use in your domain.  For example, your domain admin account is the character string 'domainadmin' and your normal user account is the character string 'normaluser', that is, they are different character strings but both represent users within the same domain.

Have you checked your 'normaluser' account in AD to ensure that it is not a member of the Domain Admins security group?  What group membership does it have?  Are any of those other groups members of Domain Admins?

Saturday, March 29, 2014 2:07 PM