linking fitbit RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have a healthvault.co.uk account and would like to link my fitbit data to my healthvault account. I noticed that the fitbit isn't listed as a supported app or device but have read that the fitbit will link to healthvault. Is that true only for US accounts? If so when will .co.uk account users be able to link to their fitbit accounts?

Sunday, December 16, 2012 11:27 PM

Answers

• Very happy to report that FitBit will now connect to your healthvault.co.uk account.

Thanks, Kathy - confirm too. Syncing now is possible, but... :) Only for the last 30 days. It's not an issue if we syncing on regular basis, but... as we've been unable to sync it before the issue fixed - we losing most part of the needed data in HV...

Active Directory? Ask me how.

• Edited by AndricoRus Wednesday, August 7, 2013 10:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by Tomas El Saturday, September 21, 2013 12:11 AM
    Wednesday, August 7, 2013 10:12 AM

All replies

• What I have tried:

Going to my privacy settings on my fitbit account, clicking the sharing tab and scrolling down to the "link to healthvault record" link.  After I click this I then get prompted to sign into my healthvault account which I do, I am then asked which region I am in and click on the other country option (I live in Australia) and then am redirected to the healthvault homepage.

Sunday, December 16, 2012 11:31 PM
  • Fitbit will have to update its application to be able to point to the UK instance of HealthVault. We are currently working with our application partners in helping them be able to target different HealthVault instances.
    • Proposed as answer by elementalfire23 Wednesday, December 19, 2012 1:35 AM
    Monday, December 17, 2012 7:29 PM
  • have absolutely the same problem... still trying to reach FitBit support with their inadequate contact system... :(
    Monday, March 11, 2013 6:39 AM
  • Hello Andrico,

Have you tried this contact link for FitBit (http://help.fitbit.com/customer/portal/emails/new) ?

Thanks

Tomas

HealthVault Support

Thursday, April 4, 2013 12:44 AM
  • Have you tried this contact link for FitBit (http://help.fitbit.com/customer/portal/emails/new) ?

Yes, after a number of tries I was able to contact FitBit Support (March 11, 2013) and all I have now is reply from support team (March 12, 2013):
    blah-blah-blah, "We've passed your request on to our engineers team for consideration."
    March 21, 2013 brings another reply due my negative feedback on the case:
    "Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey. We're sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our response regarding linking Healthvault and Fitbit outside the US.", blah-blah-blah...

Then requested some real updates: "have you any updates? I'm just bought two Fitbit One and one Aria scales and the most I needed is HealthVault integration - that's why I chose Fitbit, but now it's some disappointment..."

Finally, that's all I've got March 23 "We do not have any official word at this time, but our integration teams are working to expand Fitbit's integration in the future."

Actually there's no HV for non-US for now...

Thursday, April 4, 2013 6:24 AM
  • Have you tried this contact link for FitBit (http://help.fitbit.com/customer/portal/emails/new)?
    And another 1,5 months without any news from FitBit support - wrote them once more...
    Wednesday, May 15, 2013 12:17 PM
  • Hi, Andrico,

We hear you! And we're working on it. Thanks for your patience.

-Kathy-

Thursday, May 16, 2013 9:21 PM
  • Hello Kathy

Do you know if there has been any progress linking Health Vault (UK) to FitBit..?

Kind Regards

Rob

Saturday, July 6, 2013 6:50 PM
  • Hi, Rob (and others),

FitBit is actively working on making their connection available globally. I don't have more details than that today.

-Kathy-

Monday, July 8, 2013 5:20 PM
  • Very happy to report that FitBit will now connect to your healthvault.co.uk account. Happy syncing!

-Kathy-

• Proposed as answer by AndricoRus Wednesday, August 7, 2013 10:12 AM
    Tuesday, August 6, 2013 11:39 PM
  • Very happy to report that FitBit will now connect to your healthvault.co.uk account.

Thanks, Kathy - confirm too. Syncing now is possible, but... :) Only for the last 30 days. It's not an issue if we syncing on regular basis, but... as we've been unable to sync it before the issue fixed - we losing most part of the needed data in HV...

Active Directory? Ask me how.

• Edited by AndricoRus Wednesday, August 7, 2013 10:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by Tomas El Saturday, September 21, 2013 12:11 AM
    Wednesday, August 7, 2013 10:12 AM