Network Bandwidth Throttling with PowerShell RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I questioned this in many websites but haven't got an answer yet and hope I find the right place.

I have many Windows 10 computers in the gigabit LAN to look after and I am trying to limit Internet bandwidth uploading and downloading with Powershell on each computer and found 'New-NetQosPolicy' comlet might do this.

PS>New-NetQosPolicy -Name 'BandwidthLimit' -IPProtocol Both -ThrottleRateActionBitsPerSecond 1MB

The above command seems ok but it limits only uploading and I assume that the comlet is designed for servers so that is why it works like that.

Is there a way to limit both uploading and downloading bandwidth?

Also, the comlet is not available in Windows 7 Powershell even though I upgraded it to the latest version. Do I need to do some extra work to make it available in Windows 7?

Thanks for reading.

Charles

Monday, December 12, 2016 10:30 AM

Answers

• Post in Windows networking forum to learn how to manage network bandwidth restrictions.

QOS only effects targets and sources that support the QOS protocol extensions.

\_(ツ)_/

• Marked as answer by Soonchul Kwon Tuesday, December 13, 2016 5:24 AM
    Monday, December 12, 2016 7:40 PM

All replies

• Post in Windows networking forum to learn how to manage network bandwidth restrictions.

QOS only effects targets and sources that support the QOS protocol extensions.

\_(ツ)_/

• Marked as answer by Soonchul Kwon Tuesday, December 13, 2016 5:24 AM
    Monday, December 12, 2016 7:40 PM
  • Thanks for your reply.

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 5:24 AM