SharePoint Audit log Reports RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

Is there a way to get SharePoint Audit log reports other than running manually from Site settings?

I want to get Audit log reports in formatted way for SharePoint Analytics.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks

Thursday, November 12, 2015 9:20 PM

Answers

• For supportability reasons, you must go through the Object Model. This means through the page, or through PowerShell, or a custom .NET Application that leverages the SPAudit and related classes.

Trevor Seward

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Thursday, November 12, 2015 9:35 PM
  • Yes, here is one example:

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/office/How-to-read-the-Audit-Log-1fce8b62

You can customize this to output in the format you require.

Trevor Seward

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by Swetha Monpara Monday, November 16, 2015 4:27 PM
    Friday, November 13, 2015 11:57 PM

All replies

• For supportability reasons, you must go through the Object Model. This means through the page, or through PowerShell, or a custom .NET Application that leverages the SPAudit and related classes.

Trevor Seward

Thursday, November 12, 2015 9:35 PM
  • Hi Trevor

Thanks for the response. Can I use powershell to create the report and save it to specific place?

Thanks again.

Friday, November 13, 2015 9:29 PM
  • Yes, here is one example:

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/office/How-to-read-the-Audit-Log-1fce8b62

You can customize this to output in the format you require.

Trevor Seward

• Marked as answer by Swetha Monpara Monday, November 16, 2015 4:27 PM
    Friday, November 13, 2015 11:57 PM
  • Thank you very much.
    Monday, November 16, 2015 4:28 PM