none
Daisy chaining DPM replica's servers RRS feed

• Question

• Recently I realised that DPM 2010 is unable to have multiple DPM replica servers from a single primary DPM source.. Therefore the next plan was to daisy chain the DPM severs to increase backup resilence... I.e.-

Primary DPM Server à Secondary DPM server (1st Replica) à Third DPM Server (2nd Replica)

I’ve been trying to setup DPM replication using this daisy chain method but there’s a problems.... 3rd DPM server can only see the local drives or the Secondary DPM server and not the protection group on that replica server...

Is there any way we can daisy chain DPM replica server to increase the resilence for the DPM backups...??

Need Help...

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 1:00 PM

Answers

• Hi,

DPM only allows a Primary --> Secondary relationship amungst any two server, meaning the most disk based replicas of a data source would be two.  If you need more copies for DR purposes, then enable long term protection to tape and store the tapes offsite.  That would give you 4 copies of any given data source.

Regards, Mike J [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, September 1, 2010 3:05 PM