none
Problem installing a GoDaddy SSL certificate in SBS 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• I had posted this to the wrong forum I hope this is the correct one.

This is the second go-round with installing a SSL certificate from GoDaddy. The first time ,Last year, went well but this time not so good. I have followed all instructions on installing a SSL certificate from GoDaddy as well as any additional instructions form Microsoft. The intermediate certificate seems to have loaded correctly. when I go to install/import the actual certificate I keep getting all kinds of errors. When trying to "Add a Trusted certificate" in the Windows SBS Console I select "Iwant to use a certificate that is already installed on the server." next screen shows the new certificate with type trusted as well as last years certificate with type unknown. When I select the new certificate and click next I get "Cannot import the certificate to Remote Web Workplace."then I view the errors, the first error say "The imported certificate does not match your web site." the name on the certificate is "remote.companyname.net" which is the same name from last year and is correct. The second errorThe server cannot install your trusted certificate. Then if I use the IIS manager to try to import the certificate "remote.companyname.net.crt" I receive the following "Certificate does not contain a private key"

Can someone help with this please. We are unable to remote connect to our network.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 3:09 PM

All replies

• Carr Law Offices --

I hate to tell you this, but you have posted this question in the wrong user forum again.  This forum is dedicated to questions about Microsoft Project Server, an enterprise project management application.  I would propose that you repost this question in a more relevant user forum.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 5:06 PM