none
Hide / Remove 100% completed Projects from list of Project manager ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am working on Project server or we can say EPM (Enterprise Project Management).

I have new requirement is, I want to hide some projects which are 100% completed only for Project Managers but not for others like Admin and DAM (Delivery Account Manager).

In brief, Suppose One of the Project Manager is working on 3 projects 'A', 'B' and 'C'. Now if 'A' and 'B' are 100% completed then 'A' and 'B' should not visible to Project Manager but can see 'C'.

Note - Rather use 'Manage View' option to filter it, can we do it from back-end or  database so i cant make automatically. Because we have another server on which senior can set project status like Open, OnGoing and closed, then if project is 100% complete senior will change its status from Open to OnGoing and OnGoing to Closed. So i want to hide that projects when status is closed.

anurag9179

• Edited by Anurag J Thursday, May 7, 2015 10:50 AM
    Thursday, May 7, 2015 6:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Anurag,

Please find below a procedure about how to hide completed projects using the security model.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg597607%28v=office.14%29.aspx

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Thursday, May 7, 2015 7:04 AM
  • Thanks Guillaume,

But its not that solution which i am looking, because it is totally manual work.

I want to make either one time setting or automation.

anurag9179

Thursday, May 7, 2015 10:45 AM
  • There is no automatic way to do that, unless you develop your own code/script (which can be a solution).

• The steps 1 and 2 are best practices to prevent team member to submit time against the archived projects. Even if those steps could be skipped, it is strongly adviced to perform them at project closure.
    • The steps 3 and 4 are a one-shot configuration, meaning it has to be done just once.
    • The step 5 concerns the project site and is up to you based on if you want to keep it or not.

Hope this helps,

Thursday, May 7, 2015 11:08 AM
  • Can we maintain status of project in PWA site as Open, OnGoing and closed?

anurag9179

Monday, June 1, 2015 7:45 AM
  • Hi,

You definitely can do that. Just create a project enterprise custom field with a lookup table and add this field in a PDP. You will be able to update the value from PWA.

Hope this helps,

Monday, June 1, 2015 7:59 AM
  • Hi, i already tried to add "Active" field in "Project Summary" using Manage View. After add this field i can see "Yes" status to all project, but not able to update status to "No".

Can you please tell me how we can update "Active" custom fields value?

and what is PDP?

anurag9179

• Edited by Anurag J Monday, June 1, 2015 8:36 AM
    Monday, June 1, 2015 8:35 AM
  • The project center views are read-only views, meaning that you cannot update custom field values from there. You can update the value from the project plan in MS Project Pro directly or by inserting the field in a Project Detail Page (PDP). Here is an article about PDP. See also this article.

If you work with Project 2013, you have 3rd-party apps which allow bulk updating and publishing project custom fields in a excel-like view, similar to the project center.

Hope this helps,

Monday, June 1, 2015 8:54 AM