Configure incoming mails to lists and document library RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I am trying to configure incoming mail in Sharepoint to accommodate sending emails to a list or a document library. Between the basic/automatic mode and advanced mode, I have opted to configure basic as I do not want to yet have to configure any settings within our Exchange environment. I have set the incoming email server display address to be Mail.Sharepoint.com and specified that all emails should be accepted. I have also gone on to our Sharepoint web server and enabled SMTP service. I apart from enabling the smtp service I have not configured anything else on the web server. Finally I have gone into the incoming email settings of a test document library and assigned  the name test@mail.sharepoint.com.

Having tried multiple times sending mails to the above mentioned address and getting the error "#,#5.7.0 smtp; 551 5.7.0 recipient domain does not exist in DNS>#SMTP#" please could you suggest what the problems is?

Thanks,

Dominic

Thursday, April 9, 2015 4:35 PM

Answers

• You need to add an A record in DNS of mail.sharepoint.com to the DNS Zone hosting 'sharepoint.com'. You could also consider adding an MX record that points to that A record.

Trevor Seward

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Thursday, April 9, 2015 5:32 PM