none
Unexpected error: Evaluation was canceled RRS feed

• Question

• I loaded 32 connection-only queries yesterday and went to analyse them this morning. However, an exclamation mark was marked against each file in the query pane and they showed this message "Unexpected error: Evaluation was canceled". I was able to get everything working again by clicking on each query and then 'retry'.

Has anyone seen this error before and how would I prevent it happening again? Thank you

Thursday, January 3, 2019 1:54 AM

Answers

• Hi Linda,

Do you have background analysis disabled? If so, these errors can happen but should be purely cosmetic. The reason they happen is that the editor side pane depends on analysis results. If you mouse over one, this starts an on-demand analysis evaluation. If you then mouse over another one, the previously started on-demand evaluation will be canceled and show the error triangle.

Let me know if the errors interfere with the loading of your data to the workbook or data model. That would be a bug.

Ehren

Thursday, January 10, 2019 11:56 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hello Linda Cheong,

Can you share the formula text of your queries? To view the formula text, select a query and click Advanced Editor.
    Thursday, January 3, 2019 7:20 AM
  • Hi Linda,

Do you have background analysis disabled? If so, these errors can happen but should be purely cosmetic. The reason they happen is that the editor side pane depends on analysis results. If you mouse over one, this starts an on-demand analysis evaluation. If you then mouse over another one, the previously started on-demand evaluation will be canceled and show the error triangle.

Let me know if the errors interfere with the loading of your data to the workbook or data model. That would be a bug.

Ehren

Thursday, January 10, 2019 11:56 PM
    Owner