Publish HP SIM with UAG RRS feed

• Question

• We have UAG installed on HP hardware and want to monitor it with HP SIM. I have tried publishing it as a Legacy app as I have done with other applicaions such as AntiVirus however I have been unable to get it working. If I look at the TMG logs when HP SIM tries to communicated its blocked by the default rule. It appears its not matching the rule being published from UAG.

Has anyone set this up?

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 6:51 PM

All replies

• Hello,

For monitoring the UAG hardware, you don't need to publish the website of HP SIM.

Check if the ip address (or range) of the HP SIM server is mentioned as being inside (internal).

Secondly, you must configure TMG to allow incoming (and outgoing) traffic on the required ports towards HP SIM.
    Similar than allowing remote control of the server from a client intern.

The HP SIM can uses protocols like SNMP or other. This depends of your installation.

Daniel

Friday, September 7, 2012 9:35 AM
  • Daniel,

I ended up making the rule I needed in TMG, however the support boundries do not appear to support this. The way I read it is that you can only use the system policy rules which do not cover all the SIM bases. My SIM IP address is on my internal network.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee522953.aspx

Friday, September 7, 2012 3:27 PM