none
Issues when download and updating in July via ODT and setup tool RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I run O365 version 1808 and I am on Semi-Annual Channel. Office is distributed from an UNC path located in my NAS and downloads are being downloaded every month (third wednesday) by a task schedule using configuration xml file. My client machines had installed June's update, build 10730.20348. In july I was expected to download one of the following versions:

- build 10730.20360 (which is still under 1808 version);

- build 11328.20368 (which is under the new 1902 version).

Unfortunately, ODT setup tool did not download anything and when I discovered that, I forced xml file by adding the code: 

Version="16.0.10730.20360"

That version was download indeed.

Furthermore, despite having a new version for my current installed version, no updates are being notified when running Office tools and if I click on "Update Now" from the Account menu a notice comes up: "System already updated, you have the last version installed".

So two kind of issues: first, no new updates have been downloaded automatically, other than force them; second, I cannot update, despite the new version (build 20360) is on my LAN UNC path reserved for updates.

Any idea?

• Edited by R99photo Thursday, July 18, 2019 9:24 PM
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 9:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

<<… I run O365 version 1808 and I am on Semi-Annual Channel. Office is distributed from an UNC path located in my NAS and downloads are being downloaded every month (third wednesday) by a task schedule using configuration xml file. My client machines had installed June's update, build 10730.20348…

Does this problem only occur in July? Have you successfully deployed updates before?

According to your description, I guess maybe there are some problems with your config file syntax. Could you post a complete configuration file here

Regards,

Bella Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Friday, July 19, 2019 3:08 AM
  • Hello Bella Wu,

negative madame, never had before these issues. Since October 2018 I have always downloaded and updated with no matters.

<Configuration>
      <Info Description="" />
      <Add OfficeClientEdition="64"
           Channel="Broad"
    	   SourcePath="\\machine_ip\directory\ProPlus\SAC\Updates">
        <Product ID="O365ProPlusRetail" PIDKEY="">
          <Language ID="en-us" />
          <ExcludeApp ID="Groove" />
          <ExcludeApp ID="OneNote" />
          <ExcludeApp ID="OneDrive" />
          <ExcludeApp ID="Publisher" />
        </Product>
      </Add>
      <AppSettings>
        <Setup Name="Company" Value="company_name" />
      </AppSettings>
      <Display Level="Full" AcceptEULA="TRUE" />
      <Logging Level="Standard" Path="\\machine_ip\directory\Office365\ProPlus\SAC\Logs" Name="Office365-ProPlus-Updates.txt"/>
    </Configuration>

Friday, July 19, 2019 5:00 PM
  • Hi,

Try adding the following element to see if it helps:

<Updates Enabled="TRUE" UpdatePath="\\machine_ip\directory\ProPlus\SAC\Updates" />

More information about ODT, review:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/DeployOffice/configuration-options-for-the-office-2016-deployment-tool?redirectSourcePath=%252fen-us%252farticle%252fd3879f0d-766c-469c-9440-0a9a2a905ca8

Regards,

Bella Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Saturday, July 20, 2019 1:11 AM
  • Hi,

Have you checked the information?

If my reply is useful, please mark it as an answer. If you need further assistance, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Bella Wu

Thursday, July 25, 2019 3:17 AM