none
How ADFS Authentification work when Windows NLB configured

Question

• Hello everyone,

i hope i choose the right Forum.

I have a Windows Server 2012 R2 with an ADFS (2) and ADFS Proxy (2) Which is configured with Windows NLB.

How ADFS Authentification works from out side? it will directly Contact WNLB or ADFS server to authenticate with AD.

Thanks.

• Edited by Munna_Tux Friday, April 21, 2017 11:41 AM
    Friday, April 21, 2017 7:21 AM

All replies

• It depends of how you configure it. You should have a DNS record for end users to connect. If it points to the NLB IP address then it goes through your NLB then it will reach out to the ADFS portal on your servers.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

Sunday, April 23, 2017 12:24 AM
  • Hi,
    Appreciate for posting in Directory services forum. Since the question is more regarding ADFS, I would suggest you post the questions in the ADFS forum:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?forum=ADFS
    The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction.
    Best regards, 
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, April 24, 2017 6:50 AM