My Items - not always showing complete list in Professional Desktop v6.2 RRS feed

• Question

• We have the following scenario:  Users log into a terminal server farm ==> User is directed to one of 4 terminal servers where they can run the Desktop Professional version.  The farm is set up to send the user to their 'home' Terminal Server unless it is too busy at which point he/she is directed to an available TS. 

One user has saved a fair amount of items in 'My Items' folder.  When she logs in and connects sometimes she can see only a handful of the items in 'My Items' and sometimes she can see all of the items in the folder.  We checked each Terminal Server and her file 'Options.XML' appears to be the same on every terminal server, i.e., there does not appear to be any differences across the terminal servers.   When she cannot see all of the items in the Professional Desktop version we have gone into the 'Options.xml' file and the missing items appear to be there.

Any ideas?  Is there a memory limitation we should be examining?  Any ideas why it is inconsistent, i.e., sometimes all items display and sometimes only some of the items display?  Is there a way to 'refresh' the list to bring all items into view?

Thanks in advance.

Dave D
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 9:02 PM

All replies

• By "fair amount", how many items are we talking about?  Those will all be stored in the Options.xml file, which gets loaded on application startup, and can only be "reloaded" by closing the app and starting it again.

Does the inconsistency come when she is on different TS machines?  That is, when not all of the items show up, is the user on a specific machine, and when they so show up, are they on a different machine?  Is it possible there are two Options.xml files in different locations on some servers and that an older copy is being loaded?

As a test, when not all of the items load, try adding a new one and closing the application.  Then open the Options.xml file you think is getting loaded (the one that shows all the items) and see if the new item is included.  If not, then the application is using a different options file and that will need to be replaced the correct copy (and updated in the future with the correct copy as well).
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, July 8, 2009 11:30 PM