none
[SOLVED] Hyper-V 2016 and multiple public IP addresses mapping

Question

• Hi,

I have a physical server with Windows 2016 Datacenter installed and Hyper-V activated.
    Multiple VMs are configured and need to be reached from the Internet.
    My provider assigned multiple public IPs on the physical server and do not allow me to assign them directly in the virtual machines settings.
    He asks me to create NAT rules from Hyper-V guest and VMs.

What I already did:
    - I created a new virtual switch on the guest and assign it "192.168.1.1/24"
    - I assigned the 3 public IPs to the "Internet" adapter of my physical server, in addition to its own public IP

Here is a diagram to explain what I want to do :

[URL=http://www.casimages.com/i/170208114924286120.png.html][IMG]http://nsa38.casimages.com/img/2017/02/08/mini_170208114924286120.png[/IMG][/url]

Can you please tell me how can I do that? If it's not possible with Windows 2016, can I do that with Windows 2012 R2?

Thank you very much for your help!
    • Edited by kin34 Wednesday, February 08, 2017 6:01 PM
    Wednesday, February 08, 2017 10:29 AM

Answers

• What you are trying to do can be done no matter what operating system you are using.  You posted to the Hyper-V forum, and this is not related to Hyper-V at all.  I suggest you contact a network consultant to assist you in properly configuring your environment.  It is likely that you would be better served by getting a hardware firewall to act as the access point to your environment instead of placing your machines directly on the network.  It is possible to place a Windows Server directly on the internet to work as a gateway to the rest of your environment, but it takes a fair bit of configuration to make it secure, whereas hardware firewalls are designed specifically for this purpose.

. : | : . : | : . tim

• Proposed as answer by Leo HanModerator Thursday, February 09, 2017 4:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by kin34 Thursday, February 09, 2017 8:36 AM
    Wednesday, February 08, 2017 1:20 PM
  • Hi,

thanks for your answer, finally I found how to create such architecture with the Routing and Remote Access MMC console.

Wednesday, February 08, 2017 6:00 PM

All replies

• What you are trying to do can be done no matter what operating system you are using.  You posted to the Hyper-V forum, and this is not related to Hyper-V at all.  I suggest you contact a network consultant to assist you in properly configuring your environment.  It is likely that you would be better served by getting a hardware firewall to act as the access point to your environment instead of placing your machines directly on the network.  It is possible to place a Windows Server directly on the internet to work as a gateway to the rest of your environment, but it takes a fair bit of configuration to make it secure, whereas hardware firewalls are designed specifically for this purpose.

. : | : . : | : . tim

• Proposed as answer by Leo HanModerator Thursday, February 09, 2017 4:45 AM
    Wednesday, February 08, 2017 1:20 PM
  • Hi,

thanks for your answer, finally I found how to create such architecture with the Routing and Remote Access MMC console.

Wednesday, February 08, 2017 6:00 PM
  • Hi Kin34,

>>finally I found how to create such architecture with the Routing and Remote Access MMC console.

Glad to hear that.

You could mark the reply as answer to help others who get the same question.

Best Regards,

Leo

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 09, 2017 5:00 AM