Outlook 2016 can't open Exchange Online Shared Mailbox RRS feed

• Question

• I have a situation where I’ve created an Exchange Online shared mailbox with Powershell and assigned permissions.  I can’t open the shared mailbox with Outlook 2016 Volume License (File->Open Others Folder), however, I CAN open it with Office 365 ProPlus on another computer.  When I try to open it, it says “Cannot display the folder.  The inbox folder cannot be found.”

Most of our users use the volume license of Office 2016, so it imperative to get this resolved.

Thanks in advance

• Moved by Steve Fan Wednesday, February 14, 2018 2:58 AM move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Tuesday, February 13, 2018 4:28 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>>I can’t open the shared mailbox with Outlook 2016 Volume License (File->Open Others Folder), however, I CAN open it with Office 365 ProPlus on another computer.

Did you try to open the shared mailbox from the same user? Users need to have Exchange Online licenses to open shared mailbox. 

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, February 20, 2018 5:17 PM
    Wednesday, February 14, 2018 2:56 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 9:49 AM