none
Outlook 2010 Meeting From field

Question

• Hello Techies,

I know there is a way to enable From field for email items in Outlook as below:

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/microsoft-office/quick-tip-show-the-from-and-bcc-fields-in-outlook/

I am looking for information around on how to show From field for Meetings in Outlook 2010 in case i have delegate access to somebody's calendar.

The reason i am asking is we have 1 user who provided a screenshot which shows From field on Meeting window similar to email window.

Is it even possible? I was under impression that its not possible to show From field for meetings until i saw that screenshot. And user mentioned she normally puts her name in From field while working on meeting for delegate user.

Any inputs are much appreciated.

Thanks.

sureshh...

Wednesday, April 05, 2017 9:20 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Since the issue is not related to Outlook object model, I would move this thread into Outlook IT Pro Discussions forum for further support. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 06, 2017 4:39 AM
  • Ok sure. I didn't realize that. Thanks Celeste.

sureshh...

Thursday, April 06, 2017 4:01 PM
  • Hello,

I'm afraid you cannot see the From field when creating a meeting if you have only one email account added in Outlook. If you add one than one email accounts in Outlook, it will show the From field like this:

If this is the same case as it shows in the user provided screenshot?

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 07, 2017 8:54 AM
  • Thanks Steve. I tried this already, but unfortunately it does not match our user use case. Because in case of our user, From field is a drop down where you can make account selection.

sureshh...

• Edited by sureshh Friday, April 07, 2017 8:14 PM
    Friday, April 07, 2017 8:14 PM
  • Thank you for the response. According to my further testing, when you have the Microsoft Conferencing Add-in installed and enabled, which will add a 'Live Meeting Transport' entry under Account Settings, the From drop down menu will appear. See

You may have a test in your environment and see whether this is the case.

Regards,

Steve Fan

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 10, 2017 11:54 AM
  • Thanks Steve for response. Unfortunately our user setup does not match above. Our user does not have "Live Meeting Transport" installed on her machine that you mentioned above at least as per similar screenshot from user. I will check if she really has similar add-in installed on her machine.

sureshh...

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 4:37 PM
  • Hi,

How is everything going? Have you got an opportunity to check whether there is a similar add-in that is causing this?

Regards,

Steve Fan

Monday, April 17, 2017 8:05 AM
  • Thanks Steve for follow up. Sorry for the delays here. I did not get a chance to check further on this with user. But as confirmed last time, per screenshot user do not have "Live Meeting Transport" installed on her system.
    • Edited by sureshh Thursday, May 18, 2017 5:31 PM
    Thursday, May 18, 2017 5:30 PM