none
can recieve emails but can not send RRS feed

• Question

• hi all

I can receive emails but can not send them using the outlook .. I can send when using the website .. what is the problem? is it with my ISP because for example block port 25 and if it is because of that, how can I send using the website ?? is it because my mail is full but in this case how can I receive email. plz advice ..

BR

Thursday, December 23, 2010 5:50 PM

Answers

• Your ISP may have changed their settings to only allow e-mails sent throuh their secure SSL port. Call your ISP and ask them to help you set up your e-mail or go to their website and search through their documentation for proper configuration.

Whether you can send e-mails through their website has nothing to do with your network or your settings. You acces your ISP's website through HTTP which is port 80 or HTTPS which is port 443, so if they block port 25 this will not affect you sending or recieving e-mails through their website.

Roman
    • Marked as answer by adorer Sunday, December 26, 2010 5:03 AM
    Friday, December 24, 2010 7:28 PM

All replies

• It sounds like your outgoing settings on are not properly configured. If you would like more help on configuring your setting post more info on which version of outlook you are using and what website you use to send e-mails.
    Roman
    • Marked as answer by Sally Tang Friday, December 24, 2010 1:25 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by adorer Friday, December 24, 2010 3:50 PM
    Thursday, December 23, 2010 6:35 PM
  • no .. my setting is okay .. i did not change anything .. it was working fine.

it is a free email from my ISP with my adsl subsciption.

so as I said from their website I can send and receive emails .. and I can receive with outlook .. but can not send ..

let me ask a question ..

IF I HAVE A SPAM ACTIVITY IN MY NETWORK, CAN I SEND USING THE ISP WEBSITE?

I MEAN ..IF PORT 25 IS BLOCKED, CAN I SEND THROUGH THE ISP WEBSITE.? 

BR

Friday, December 24, 2010 3:55 PM
  • Your ISP may have changed their settings to only allow e-mails sent throuh their secure SSL port. Call your ISP and ask them to help you set up your e-mail or go to their website and search through their documentation for proper configuration.

Whether you can send e-mails through their website has nothing to do with your network or your settings. You acces your ISP's website through HTTP which is port 80 or HTTPS which is port 443, so if they block port 25 this will not affect you sending or recieving e-mails through their website.

Roman
    • Marked as answer by adorer Sunday, December 26, 2010 5:03 AM
    Friday, December 24, 2010 7:28 PM