Contact Sync issue from CRM 2011 to Outlook 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I am facing an issue where the contact gets synced for the first time and shows up correctly in outlook. But if you delete the contact from outlook then next time it syncs, that particular contact does not get synced back into outlook. 

Also, it seems to be syncing some 13 clients always to outlook even when no change has been made to them. 

Not sure why the same number of contacts get synced to outlook even when no change was made to them.

Please let me know what should i be checking.

Thanks & Regards,

Sudeep.

SK

Friday, March 24, 2017 10:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Sudeep,

>>I am facing an issue where the contact gets synced for the first time and shows up correctly in outlook. But if you delete the contact from outlook then next time it syncs, that particular contact does not get synced back into outlook. 

This occurs because a modification is made to the OutlookSyncTable and IDMappingTable tables in the local OutlookSyncCache SQL database file that the record has been removed. This imploys the logic that the contact should not be re-synchronized as it has been previously removed. This functionality is by design.

In order to have the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 re-synchronize the previously tracked and deleted Microsoft Office Outlook contacts, the Outlook client needs to be reconfigured. 

See the following Microsoft KB article for more information:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2538795/unable-to-re-synchronize-contacts-from-microsoft-dynamics-crm-2011-to-microsoft-office-outlook-after-being-previously-deleted-in-outlook

Regarding your other question, since it's more related to CRM, it's recommended to post a new question to the forum dedicated to CRM to get further assistance:

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/f/117?pi53308=0&version=Microsoft%20Dynamics%20CRM%202011

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, April 5, 2017 9:51 AM
    Monday, March 27, 2017 8:48 AM