Setting up a Radius server RRS feed

• Question

• I have setup NPS for Radius / Mac authentication to my Meru Wireless controller, I've created user accounts for my mac clients. The request to connect to the wireless controller is setup and the connection is authenticated on the controller, the controller then sends the request to the AD Radius server with mac username and password for authentication and it fails. The NPS returns an error that the username and password have a mismatch.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015 3:14 PM

Answers

• Hi,

First please make sure that the username and password are correct. Do not forget to add the domain name after the username. Normally, it should like username@yourdomain.com or YOURDOMAIN\username.

Please check if the NPS server has been registered in the domain controller. To verify this, please check if the NPS server has been added into the RAS and IAS Servers group in the domain controller.

If issue persists, please provide the detailed configuration of your Network Policy. It may give some hints.

Best Regards.

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 13, 2015 3:01 AM