none
Project Online: Unable to update resource data via Project Professional RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to use Project Professional to update resource information - I select the resources in PWA as normal and click the option to edit in Project Professional. The Enterprise resources are visible as expected in Project Professional. After making changes to resource data in Project Professional when I attempt to save the data the changes do not actually update. When I try to close out of Project Professional I receive a message box asking whether to save the data. When I click "Yes" then the message box re-opens. I can only exit by responding "No" with no data saving.

Interestingly I can update data for resources via PWA - however the data fields I need to change (cost rate table entries) are not editable in PWA.

Note that I have had no problems performing this function up to a few days ago.

Saturday, January 23, 2016 10:54 PM

All replies

• Hello,

This works fine for me on my tenant with Project 2016 (C2R). Do all users get the same issue on your tenant? What version of Project client are you using?

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Monday, January 25, 2016 9:15 AM
  • I am glad to find someone with same issue.

I got exactly same issue in some day mid-January. I was running Project Pro 2016 (Click to Run) version: 16.0.6366.2056. I even did test with two separate Project Online tenants, same problem with both. I tried to solve problem by repairing Project 2016 installation in Control Panel / Programs and features. However, something went wrong in repair process and I had to reinstall whole Office 2016 and Project Pro 2016.

After re-installing Project 2016 from my original media, version number is: 16.0.4266.1003. Now I can open resources from Project Online with Project Pro, modify and save back. So, it works as it should.

I tested with my second PC which has update version 16.0.6366.2056 and it cannot save resources back to Project Online. So I believe there is bug in January update. My Project Pro is installed with Click to run method. I haven’t tested with MSI installation with January 2016 CU update.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 9:13 PM
  • I am running the click to run version of Project 2016 (version: 16.0.6001.1054) and this still works fine. I know there are different channels for click to un hence you have a later build than me so maybe there is an issue with a later build but I can't test that. I would suggest you raise a ticket via your Office 365 tenant.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Thursday, January 28, 2016 8:51 AM