none
Disappearing task bars when printing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to print a 2 year schedule with a monthly timeline on a large format printer. when i get to print preview and subsequent print, the task bars will not appear but tasks, columns and time line print perfect. this also happens when i try 11 x 17 print & adobe. if i try letter size it prints but of course too small to be legible. This is a newly purchased project 2013.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 2:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Phil, looks as though this is known bug, discussed on another post on this forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projectprofessional2010general/thread/028a2026-db63-43f2-a275-d24451341d68

Sorry I don't have any information about the status/priority of this, but this at least confirms your not alone.

Thanks,
    Abdrew

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 8:57 AM
  • Are you using Gantt bars that are just boxes with outlines like in the post Andrew mentions? If so, this is a known issue and we're investigating a fix.

Thanks,

Heather

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 4:12 PM
  • most of the bars are the default soilid color and the rest are 2 tone. Although all the bars are visible on the sheet they get lost @ print preview. Task names and all columns show, Grid lines show, timelines show but non working vertical lines are not showing and no standard  bars, summary bars or bar text.
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 5:47 PM
  • Can you send us a file that shows this issue? If you go to http://blogs.office.com/b/project/ there's a link to contact us and we can provide you an email to send the file to.

Thanks,

Heather

Monday, April 15, 2013 11:30 PM
  • Hi Heather,

I've had this same issue in MS Project 2013 (not printing Bars in Bar Chart when printing to, or saving as Adobe PDF) on multiple computers and while working for 3 different employers, etc. Has this been resolved? Obviously, it's beyond frustrating. I'm hoping their's a hotfix or service pack to resolve this known issue???

Thank you,

Bob

(917) 636-2197

robert.severance@mbakerintl.com

Friday, June 30, 2017 2:27 PM
  • This answer might seem simplistic! I was having this problem with the pale blue bars, I changed the colour in format/bar styles to a slighty darker blue and it printed to pdf fine.

Julia

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 3:13 AM