none
Project Detail pages Pages RRS feed

• Question

• I need small suggestion in project online if you remember we created Project detail pages as

image.png
    In Project information we are having below fields
    image.png
    Highlighted fields i need to add  in project status page right now we are having below fields in project status
    image.png

Is it possible to populated the highlighted field information in Name Project Type and Project manager  from Project information in Project status.

Please let me know.
    Thank you,
    Sowjanya.
    Thursday, April 4, 2019 12:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

unfortunately your images are not displayed. If Project Status is an PDP including a Basic Info webpart, you can Edit Page - Edit Web Part and modify Displayed Project Fields. If Basic Info webpart is not yet added to PDP, add it be be able to add required fields.

Regards
    Barbara

Thursday, April 4, 2019 11:04 AM
  • Hi Barbara,

Thank you for your email .

I am able to add custom fields in Project PDP page but I am looking to populate the values like not to re eneter the project manager name in the 2 PDP Pages.

For example if we have Project manager name in  PDP Project info page same project manager name should populate in the PDP Project status page.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Thank you in advance.

Sowjanya.

Friday, April 5, 2019 9:36 PM
  • Sorry for jumping in, but yes, a single field will display its value over multiple PDPs.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Monday, April 8, 2019 10:05 AM
  • Hi Ben,

May i know how can we do that 

is there any script we need to add please let me know.

Thank you,

Sowjanya.

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 2:43 AM
  • I'm not sure what to add other than what Barbara showed you.  

https://support.office.com/en-ie/article/project-detail-pages-96a5edfd-db71-49d4-89c1-6df363c04188 is the official version of Barbars's info.  

You say "I am able to add custom fields in Project PDP page but I am looking to populate the values like not to re eneter the project manager name in the 2 PDP Pages."

There is no "project manager" name out of the box, there is a project owner name.  If this the field you want?   Any field can be displayed on any PDP. If it is entered on one PDP and saved, it will then display on any other PDP.

I think maybe we aren't understanding your problem.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 5:46 AM