none
about up gradation and migration of project server 2010 enviornment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

i have EPM 2010 environment (sql server 2008 r2, share point server 2010,project server 2010). and it was working fine. but recently my sql server has expired. and i need to installed a licence version. but my PWA and share point is working fine.  and i am able to publish project and all thing. so for installing sql server,should  i uninstall sp 2010 and ps 2010 first and after that un install expired  sql server. or only uninstalled expired sql server and re install sql server again?

i am totally confused what should i do??? uninstall complete s/w(sql,sp 2010,ps 2010) or just play with sql server.

Please give me exact suggestion. because i don't want to loose any type of data.

for your info all things are in one server.

Thanks 

Vivek

Monday, February 4, 2013 11:20 AM

All replies

• Don’t uninstall PS or SP, the databases work fine for now. Go to the SQL server and
    -  Run the SQL Server setup.exe again.
    -  In the SQL Server Installation Center, click the (Maintenance) on the left pane bar. On the right pane, click Edition Upgrade.
    -  Go through the wizard and you'll be able to enter the license key.
    - Make sure you chose the current SQL instance too if asked.
    - If for whatever reason you get an error in SharePoint, run the configuration wizard again to update the databases.

Ali Al . Consultant & IT Manager.
    epma
    FB TW IN

• Proposed as answer by Ali-Al Tuesday, February 5, 2013 2:19 PM
    Monday, February 4, 2013 2:27 PM