How to Configure ProClarity Analytics Server database connection information RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know how to configure the database connection information (and where) for ProClarity Analytics Server (PAS) so that i can register the PAS site in the Administration Tool? In case SQL was reinstalled the the user created by PAS during installation was lost.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 3:06 PM

Answers

• Once the PAS server is registered in the Admin tool, you can change the connection information by right-clicking on the server and clicking on the Properties menu.  If you lost the PAS user in your SQL instance, you can manually add the user back, assuming you remember the original password..  If you don't remember the password, you have two options, you can re-install PAS or you can update the IIS Metabase.  PAS stores its settings in the IIS Metabase (think of the Windows registry but for IIS apps).  You can open up the Metabase using a Metabase viewer.  I use IIS Metabase Explorer from Ripcord Software.  It is a free utility you can download from CNet and other sites (http://www.download.com/IIS-Metabase-Explorer/3000-2165_4-10335998.html).

-Jason

BTG Services

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 4:46 PM

All replies

• Once the PAS server is registered in the Admin tool, you can change the connection information by right-clicking on the server and clicking on the Properties menu.  If you lost the PAS user in your SQL instance, you can manually add the user back, assuming you remember the original password..  If you don't remember the password, you have two options, you can re-install PAS or you can update the IIS Metabase.  PAS stores its settings in the IIS Metabase (think of the Windows registry but for IIS apps).  You can open up the Metabase using a Metabase viewer.  I use IIS Metabase Explorer from Ripcord Software.  It is a free utility you can download from CNet and other sites (http://www.download.com/IIS-Metabase-Explorer/3000-2165_4-10335998.html).

-Jason

BTG Services

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 4:46 PM
  • What version are you on? I'm using 6.2 and hwhen in the Admin tool if I right click on my server there is not a properties menu?
    Thursday, December 11, 2008 10:25 PM