none
Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials & Office 365 Integration Not Working RRS feed

  • Question

  • I am trying to integrate our on premise Hyper-V Windows 2012 R2 Essentials Server with the Office 365 portal using the wizard from the essentials dashboard.  However, whenever I try the integration from the dashboard's services tab I get an error stating "there was an error configuring the integration:  make sure the computer is connected to the internet, and then try again.  If you continue to experience this problem, please restart the server and then try again."

    The server has no problem connecting to the internet via a browser and other remote functions like rww work as expected.

    I have tried pretty much everything I can find online (list below) and also opened a support case with the Office 365 support team.  After multiple emails and hours on the phone the Office 365 team is stumped and basically told me they were out of ideas.

    Things I have tried:

    • re-downloading the pcns zip
    • manually extracting all pcns files to the appropriate directories
    • disabling ipv6, currently re-enabled after it didn't seem to make a difference
    • multiple different global admin accounts
    • using the .onmicrosoft.com global admin account

    If you have any ideas as to what may be happening or how I can about fixing this please let me know.  I desperately want to have these services integrated.

    Thanks for all your help in advance!

    Monday, April 25, 2016 3:00 AM

Answers

  • This issue has been resolved.  I setup a case with Microsoft and worked with their Windows Server team to resolve the issue.  A quick summary of the solution is below.  Hopefully this will help someone else out and save you the $500 case fee.

    Troubleshooting Steps:

    -There was an old entry of the DC that was no longer in the environment (not sure why this existed or caused the error as a proper dc promotion was done)

    -MetaData Cleanup of the Old DC from the server

    Integration Worked:

    After the above steps another attempt at integration from the dashboard went through successfully!

    Tuesday, May 31, 2016 1:45 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    I want to confirm with you that if your environment is a single domain controller environment, or multiple domain controller?

    As KB 2974308 provided the update for Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials, which enable the support for Office 365 integration features in the domain environment of a single domain controller, a multiple domain controller, or a member server:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2974308

    This update is downloadable via August 2014 update rollup for Windows Server 2012 R2:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2975719

    As one of the pre-requirements, you should install all critical and important updates on the server before you start Office 365 integration, make sure that your server is fully pathed with Windows Update/hotfix.

    If the problem persists, check the Event Viewer and confirm that if any related event has been logged.

    Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    Monday, April 25, 2016 7:35 AM
    Moderator
  • Is your server UK/US Localised?

    Do you have anything customised in your online sharepoint?

    Do you have any sharepoint tools installed on the server?


    Robert Pearman Cloud & Datacentre MVP
    @titlerequired | LinkedIn | Google+
    Facebook | Windows Server Essentials.com

    Monday, April 25, 2016 10:23 AM
    Moderator
  • Eve,

    I have confirmed that all windows updates have been installed.  The event viewer isn't showing anything related to the integration.



    Wednesday, April 27, 2016 5:25 AM
  • The server is in the US.  There is no customized sharepoint or sharepoint tools.

    Wednesday, April 27, 2016 5:28 AM
  • This issue has been resolved.  I setup a case with Microsoft and worked with their Windows Server team to resolve the issue.  A quick summary of the solution is below.  Hopefully this will help someone else out and save you the $500 case fee.

    Troubleshooting Steps:

    -There was an old entry of the DC that was no longer in the environment (not sure why this existed or caused the error as a proper dc promotion was done)

    -MetaData Cleanup of the Old DC from the server

    Integration Worked:

    After the above steps another attempt at integration from the dashboard went through successfully!

    Tuesday, May 31, 2016 1:45 PM