HYPER-V on SSD Logs RRS feed

• Question

• Hello again.

A characteristic of the project is that HYPER-V will be installed in SSD.

Some recommendation on the logs? Would it be suitable to move them to LUNs in the shared storage?

What logs should it move?

Thank you!

Saturday, November 28, 2015 9:14 AM

Answers

• What logs are you talking about?  You really have not provided any information about your configuration or your 'project', so we really don't have much of an idea about what you are trying to do.

. : | : . : | : . tim

• Proposed as answer by Leo Han Tuesday, December 8, 2015 7:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo Han Wednesday, December 9, 2015 7:36 AM
    Saturday, November 28, 2015 3:17 PM

All replies

• What logs are you talking about?  You really have not provided any information about your configuration or your 'project', so we really don't have much of an idea about what you are trying to do.

• Proposed as answer by Leo Han Tuesday, December 8, 2015 7:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo Han Wednesday, December 9, 2015 7:36 AM
    Saturday, November 28, 2015 3:17 PM
  • Thanks.

Sorry, I made a mistake in the subject line.

Hyper-V is installed on SD card, not SSD, and, because of its lower performance ,he asked about the possibility of moving the logs to the shared storage in the same way that, for example, VMWare.

The project is a 5 servers clusterwith Hyper-V Server installed on SD cardand sharing EMC storage.
    Thank you.

Monday, November 30, 2015 8:22 AM
  • I still ask what log files are you talking about moving?  If you are talking about event logs, I wouldn't worry too much about them.  The OS volume IO traffic is generally pretty low, unless something is not configured properly.

Monday, November 30, 2015 3:31 PM
  • Thanks for the reply.

Rather than by any particular type of log, my question was focuses on experienced users in Hyper-V installed on SD and experience regarding the specific issue of the logs.
    I worry about this type of installation but I see that just should not worry.
    Again, thanks for the reply, greetings.

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 4:19 PM