Search outlook don´t show shared sent itens RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

The search from outlook don´t show shared sent itens but i can see then, the just don´t show.

I already try to rebuild, install the last update KB4032693 (that resolve "something happen"), but this problem persists. 

Cumpriments.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 11:03 AM

All replies

• Probably you have not re-enable the updates

Go to control panel and search for Indexing

In the Indexing options, select Advanced Options, click on Indexing Settings

Click on Troubleshoot and then Rebuild. After performing the above steps you must re-enable updates .

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 12:20 PM
  • Thanks for the response.

I Already try to do that but it stops and don´t rebuild. I take all from the index rebuild and then i put it back. But it stop and don´t rebuild.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 12:59 PM
  • Hi,

How did you search for shared sent items? Did you search within the shared sent items folder?

Do you have 'Download shared folders' option enabled under Account Settings? Outlook uses different search indexing depending on whether the 'Download shared folders' option is enabled. When searching shared mailboxes, Outlook uses Windows index when the option is enabled while it uses Exchange server side index when the option is not enabled.

Meanwhile, please try to click into the shared sent items folder and set the search scope to Current Folder, and then try searching again.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 13, 2017 3:22 AM
  •  try that and didn't work the rebuild simple don´t work, i run the troubleshooting and it said that it have the wrong permissions.
    Thursday, July 13, 2017 9:04 AM
  • Thank you for your update.

How about my other questions? We want to know more details so that we can find the solution efficiently.

Thanks,

Steve Fan

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 9:53 AM
  • Yes i tried to take and put again the option Donwload shared folders, but the problem still persist .

Outlook always say that the item doesn´t exist local or in the exchange server (but it´s there, if i look for it manualy i find it, but the search does not).

Once again thanks.

Thursday, July 20, 2017 11:29 AM
  • Outlook always say that the item doesn´t exist local or in the exchange server (but it´s there, if i look for it manualy i find it, but the search does not).

Where did you see the "the item doesn´t exist local or in the exchange server" info? Is it a pop-up dialog or some error message?

What if we try to untick the 'Download shared folders' option?

In addition, how was the shared mailbox added in your Outlook? Was it added via File > Account Settings > More Settings > Advanced or was it auto-mapped into your Outlook?

Regards,

Steve Fan

Monday, July 24, 2017 1:56 AM