search for files - search doesen´t search in hidden and systemfolders RRS feed

• Question

• Im looking for the checkbox "search hidden and systemfolders" (like the searchfunktion in XP).
    example: When i search in drive c:\ for *.inf there is no search result. The searchfunktion doesen´t find the inf files lokated in the windowsfolder.

How ist the checkbox "search hidden and systemfolders"???

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 1:54 PM

Answers

• ---It is in the same place as in XP ... Folder Options / View---

That setting is for viewing hidden- and systemfolders in  explorer. i´ve already selected this options. please check my example. on drive c: search for *.inf. the searchresult will not include any inf files that are located in C:\windows. im looking for the options in the searchfunction.
    (Windows XP: Start -Search -
    extended options; there are two checkboxes " search in systemfolders" and "search for hidden files".

Monday, June 26, 2006 6:48 AM

All replies

• It is in the same place as in XP ... Folder Options / View
    Thursday, June 22, 2006 3:53 PM
  • ---It is in the same place as in XP ... Folder Options / View---

That setting is for viewing hidden- and systemfolders in  explorer. i´ve already selected this options. please check my example. on drive c: search for *.inf. the searchresult will not include any inf files that are located in C:\windows. im looking for the options in the searchfunction.
    (Windows XP: Start -Search -
    extended options; there are two checkboxes " search in systemfolders" and "search for hidden files".

Monday, June 26, 2006 6:48 AM