none
fit option in Desktop wallpaper

Question

• Hi,

dear all i want to apply a wallpaper with style fit but there is only three options m how i can get the fit option in GPO ?

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 7:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    As far as I know, you could configure fit option for wallpaper style via registry:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
    WallpaperStyle = 10 (Fill), 6 (Fit), 2 (Stretch), 0 (Tile), 0 (Center)
    Please see details from: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askperf/2011/12/13/wallpaper-deployment-troubleshooting/
    In this case, I would suggest you deploy this registry item via group policy:
    Configure a Registry Item https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753092(v=ws.11).aspx
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 2:54 AM
  • I got it but i have a issue if you guide me , from registry and wallpaper stype from active desktop which will take preference ? i am applying  both but seems active desktop having the preference and it taking the center as selected. is thee any option to do not chose so it will take from reg ? 
    Wednesday, February 15, 2017 11:10 AM
  • Hi,
    User changes the option on the desktop which actually equals changing registry settings
    If you only change the registry on the local client, the behavior is expected, so we suggest you deploy this registry from group policy, in this case, the registry will be controlled by group policy, and user will not be able to change it again.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, February 20, 2017 3:20 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved? If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Friday, February 24, 2017 8:55 AM